To My Builder Contract where we provide a wide range of services to homeowners, small & medium size contractors, Architects and anyone else who needs commercial assistance with their building project.
We offer the following in house services:
Our aim at My Builder Contract is to minimise the risk of homeowners being a victim to cowboy builders and at the same time protect homeowners and clients funding a building project with their hard earned cash by not incurring unnecessary additional costs.
Most people particularly homeowners who are not familiar with commissioning a major renovation project to their properties such as extensions or loft conversions quite often proceed with the cheapest quote and agree to a verbal contract or a contract drafted up by the builder which is quite often favourable to them.
As the client/homeowner you have every right to select a contract which is fair to both parties so if a dispute does arise half way through your project you and the builder have a fair and easy to follow contract to refer too.
That's why at My Builder Contract we will do all the handwork for you by drafting up an industry recognised building contract which is fair to both parties. Our contracts will capture the entire scope of your project including all the finer details which most people don't consider.
Why shall I use your service if I can download a free Contract?
1. The majority of free online contracts you can download are not kept up to date with latest legislation, all our industry recognised contracts we use are continuously updated to meet current industry legislations.
2. The free contracts you can download will only have room for a general overview of the project and will not consider any of the finer details. The contracts we put together are robust and will pick up all the finer details and will include a series of additional documents which will accompany the main Homeowner contract which will ensure a water tight contract.
3. Most of the free contract you can download free are written in legal jargon which are difficult to understand. The contract we use at My Builder Contract are written in plain English which is easy to follow and most importantly it's an industry recognised building contract.
All our homeowner contracts will be accompanied with a fully detailed scope of works which will cover some of the following information:
a) General overview of the scope of works
b) Amplification of design Responsibility
c) Responsibility of Statutory undertakings and approvals
d) List of free issue materials by the client
e) Amplification of a particular section of the works where the design is lacking detail
f) Details of any Interfaces with other trades employed by the client/owner
g) Access details for carrying out the works
h) General House keeping arrangements whilst works are being undertaken
i) Delivery/parking/congestion charge arrangements and responsibility
j) General protection requirements
k) Responsibility of Making good areas outside of the scope but affected by the works
l) Party Wall matters
m) Details on Conservation areas & Listed building if applicable
In addition to the scope of works document, the following documents will also be incorporated into the contract:
1. Detailed Attendance Matrix - (Checklist of all items expected to be provided by the builder & client)
2. Drawing register which lists out all the drawings and specification
3. Trade specific check list to ensure high quality finish by the builder.
4. Marked up design drawings.
What are the benefits of having a Contract in place?
1. Peace of mind knowing your works is covered by a recognised building contract
2. Mitigates the risk of misunderstandings during the works
3. Fair to both parties
4. Greater financial control
5. Record of the works taking place
6. Steps you can take to resolve any disputes
7. Insurance validation
8. Could save you ££££s in unexpected costs
What are the risks of not having a contract in place?
1. Risk of misunderstandings
2. Unexpected additional costs
3. Continuous and endless delays
4. Low quality finish of works
5. No way of settling disputes
6. No verification of the contractor or builder insurance details
How can I place an order ?
Simply select the contract you want below but remember their are two types of contracts we offer so please ensure you select the right one for you. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call or contact us via the contact form.
We offer a fast turnaround service so once you place your order we will get to work.
The Home Owner Contracts are not suitable for use in Scotland.
Feed coming soon